I read a great article written by my friend Chase McMichael, from Infinigraph, called Influencer, Content Intelligence and Social Engagement.
It's one thing to have an official Twitter feed or Facebook page for your brand (good start!). It's another (entirely) to make sure it's being used properly.
Remember the "social" part of Social Networking. Are you having a conversation? Or are you just putting out the same-old marketing-speak that your customers ignore everywhere else?
From Infinigraph's blog post, Influencer, Content Intelligence and Social Engagement.
There has been some argument regarding content vs. conversation. Social media isn’t just conversation, it’s about .......... WHO CARES! Let’s look at facts:
- Conversations are a derivative of social media. Conversations are not social media.
- Does content drive conversation? Yes, compelling content drives engagement.
- Does good content drive good conversation? Yes, the more relevant the better.
- Does engagement for a brand have to revolve around the conversation? Yes and No. It’s about stimulating interaction which may or may not relate.
- Relevant driven Conversations and Brand Interactions are the results