Xbox LIVE announced today that they'll be rolling out a "Family Plan" for Xbox LIVE, starting in November. Good new for families like mine with more than two of us with Xbox LIVE accounts.
They're adding a few new features that make sense if you're a gamer. According to Microsoft, an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack includes:
- Up to four individual Xbox LIVE Gold memberships for the price of two – (US) $99.99.
- Family Center – a single, easy to use, destination for Family Settings and account management, accessible on the Xbox dashboard and on Xbox.com.
- The primary account member has the ability to purchase and dispense Microsoft Points to other Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack members.
- Activity monitoring reports viewable on Xbox.com to help encourage discussions about safer more balanced gaming and entertainment habits.
- Simplified billing that applies all purchase charges to the primary account holder’s billing account and the ability to authorize purchases, helping to manage the family’s entertainment budget.
- Exclusive family content and discounts.
Even though I don't work for Xbox currently, I do get discounted Xbox LIVE subscriptions as an Xbox alumni, through the Microsoft Company Store. This family pack is still a good deal, can't wait to find out more about it, and give it a try this November.